Growing parsley is a special cultivation of a very important herb, and it is characterized by its presence throughout the year, and in all seasons, parsley needs a very sunny atmosphere, but it may need shade at some stage of its growth, used inside many foods, and is used in decorating as well.
The most important elements that will be covered in the article:
- Growing parsley in the kitchen.
- Growing parsley without soil.
- Feasibility study of the parsley cultivation project.
- Parsley and grow it in a greenhouse.
- Growing parsley on the balcony.
- What are the benefits of growing fresh parsley?
- Ways to take care of parsley after planting it.
- The process of growing parsley in the kitchen is very easy, you only need a medium amount of water, as the water should not be over-watered, only the soil moisture should be preserved.
- Parsley seeds can be purchased from stores that specialize in selling vegetable seeds, planting tools, and parsley seeds are one of the cheapest types of seeds.
- Parsley seeds are planted in the spring or early fall, and grown in an area with good ventilation, and at a medium temperature.
- The seeds are planted to a depth of a quarter of an inch, with each seed 1 to 2 inches apart.
- You should choose a very sunny place to plant parsley in the kitchen, and be long in shade as well, you should keep the plantings out of the sun at noon and afternoon.
- Parsley seeds do not grow all at once, so even if some of them are used (ripe), you must keep the soil moist, until more grows, do not leave the soil dry but do not flood it too with water.
- To grow parsley without soil, we soak the seeds in warm soapy water for an hour, because this speeds up the parsley growth process.
- Then we remove the seeds from the soapy water and put it in a bowl of warm water and leave it so for an entire night.
- Then we dry the seeds well, and we put them on a piece of wax, to be ready for planting.
- You can grow parsley without soil in small containers, or transfer it to the soil.
- Some considerations must be taken into account when studying the feasibility of the parsley cultivation project, the most important of which are:
- Temperate climate: where parsley needs a cold middle atmosphere, and parsley tolerates cold weather as well, planting can be done at temperatures between 10 and 29 degrees Celsius, but the best temperature is 24 degrees Celsius.
- Reproduction method: parsley is germinated by seeds, and it must be my seeds, parsley seeds are cultivated by spreading them, in basins or nurseries.
- Sowing dates: Although the parsley herb can grow in any season, it is preferable to plant it from August to the end of February.
- Good soil: It is preferable to plant parsley seeds on loamy lands that do not contain salts. This lists the most important planning for a feasibility study of the parsley cultivation project.
- Serving the plant: It is to take care of the planting, and remove weeds from it, and a specialized insecticide can be used for parsley, and attention to watering the soil.
- Irrigation and fertilization of parsley: Irrigation is done according to the requirements of the lawn, and fertilizer must be added a month after the start of the planting process.
Parsley and grow it in a greenhouse
- We can do the process of growing parsley through the greenhouse by following the following:
- You must first choose a good type of parsley, and determine the method of cultivation, whether in the pot or in the soil, for the sake of parsley and its cultivation in the greenhouse.
- The place should be chosen that has a suitable climate for planting, although the parsley will adapt to any climate.
- The soil must be selected first, and prepared, and the organic soil can be mixed with some nutrients to form a good soil.
- Digging in the soil for parsley and growing it in the greenhouse in order to place the seeds in it, and it should be
- Irrigation operations are regular.
Growing parsley on the balcony
- Peat moss soil is brought, mixed with sand, and sand is used in order to stabilize the soil.
- Seeds are purchased from agricultural supplies stores or from Al Attar, parsley seeds may take some time to germinate.
Planting can be done in any empty pot.
- When using herbs like parsley, cut it with scissors.
What are the benefits of growing fresh parsley?
- Among the most important benefits of growing fresh parsley:
- Parsley is used in the production of many medicines for treating skin diseases.
- Works to reduce cholesterol.
- Parsley contains vitamin C, which works to raise immunity, and contains vitamin A, which works to strengthen eyesight.
- Because it also contains vitamin C, it improves memory functions and improves iron functions in the body.
- It helps in treating diarrhea, and works to open the appetite, and this is one of the most important benefits of growing fresh parsley.
- If there is gastritis, parsley works to eliminate it.
- It treats stomach pain.
- Works to increase milk in breastfeeding women, and it is the best diuretic.
- It is used as a pain reliever for bones and joints.
- Ways to take care of parsley after planting it
- The most important ways to cultivate parsley after planting it are:
- Parsley seeds should be watered regularly, it is advisable to water every week, but on days when the climate is dry, watering should be done more than once during the week, and the soil must be constantly moist.
- Keeping each plant away from the other until it grows well.
- Parsley should be harvested when there are more than 3 leaves in a single vein, and this is one of the most important ways to take care of parsley after planting it.
- After planting parsley, you can do the process of harvesting parsley throughout the year, and make sure of the growth of the parsley when the paper has curled.
- It is advised to do the harvesting process at a time of day, because the parsley has a strong taste at this time.
- It is better to use it immediately after harvesting the parsley, and this does not prevent it from being stored or dried.
- Parsley pests are diseases that may be exposed to parsley cultivation, the most important of which are the following:
- Mold disease: When the soil is flooded with water, this may lead to making the soil suitable for the growth of bacteria and some types of fungi. If yellowish leaves are observed, this means the occurrence of mold in the roots, so the soil must be left to dry completely before the next irrigation process.
- Spotting of the paper: whether in yellow or brown color, this is a sign of the presence of fungi in the plant, it is necessary to cut the affected places here, because it is evidence of parsley pests